I’m always captivated by anything to do with folklore so this book caught my attention right away. A collection of eight stories, it introduces readers to the mythical creatures that exist alongside unicorns. With incredible artwork reflecting the majesty of these creatures, young readers will devour each engaging chapter.
With a myth file, diagram and story, there is so much to discover about each creature.
This book would make a great accompaniment to a topic about traditional tales or fantasy creatures:
- compare and contrast the creatures
- research the stories surrounding them
- examine the conflict between good and bad in traditional stories
- find out more about the tales of these creatures from around the world
- identify the features of traditional stories in each chapter
- learn more about fantasy and the diversity of characters in the genre
I love the “Which mythical creature are you?” quiz – I’m a phoenix – and the eight different unicorn families. Young unicorn lovers will be choosing their favourite, discussing and drawing every detail!
Thank you to Buster Books!
Click on the cover below to find out more or purchase on-line from Amazon.